7 ways to drink more water throughout a day
Water makes up about two-thirds of human body. Your blood is mostly water, and the brains swims in protective fluid, water is required to lubricate joints, it also helps to regulate body temperature, and remove waste from your body. like food, water is something the body can’t go very long without.
When you don’t have enough water, dehydration happens. When you’re dehydrated, you’ll experience dry mouth, low blood pressure, headaches, dry skin, and worst of all, fatigue.
So how much do you need ? It’s hard to determine exactly, fluids needs will vary from person to person. Bigger, more active people will need more fluids, same as people that live in hot or cold climates, or dry environments. For the average person its about 2-3 litres a day.
To determine whether you drink enough you can look at your urine.
– Urine that is clear to light yellow suggest that you’re adequately hydrated
– The darker yellow the urine the less hydrated you are
– If urine is brown this can indicate extreme dehydration as well as potential kidney dysfunction.
Here are some ways to drink more water:
1. Start your day with a water
Start your day with a big glass of water first thing in the morning.
2. Drink a glass of water before each meal
Drinking water before meal helps you feel fuller, so you less likely to eat too much.
3. Drink a glass of water when you are hungry
Sometimes people think they are hungry, when they are actually just thirsty.
4. Stay hydrated during your workout
Have a glass of water before your workout, a glass of water for each 30 min of moderate workout, 0,5 to 1,5 litres within 4 to 6 hours after workout.
5. Drink glass of water every hour
Set an hourly reminder to stand up, stretch and drink a glass of water.
6. Fill up a bottle of water
Fill it up in the morning and keep it nearby throughout the day.
7. Add some taste to your water
Add some lemon, fruit, or mint if you don’t like plain water.
Good luck and stay hydrated!
Struggling with staying fit and healthy? Click on the link below to get Free Trial with the Women’s Personal Trainer in Den Haag